Monday, September 10, 2012

Exciting day for Hope

Dear Mom,
I wanted to email you to tell you about what I did today. I was in a group with three other students and Ba Bingham who went out with a few Zambians to give measles vaccinations in two villages. It was so amazing. Of course I was terrified to give an injection and at first I felt really sick but then I got the hang of it and I probably gave about eighty myself. After a while the arms kinda became one big blur so I didn’t actually count. But the official count of all the people we served was 572. It was really chaotic because Zambians don’t really stay in lines and there were so many kids to vaccinate but it was a really great experience and I am so proud of myself.
Oh and about phone calls. You could probably call me like Friday at nine my time. Would that be a good time for you? I don’t really know because our schedule is really flexible and always changing but I think that might work.
Anyway I just really wanted to tell you. I love you so much. Pass the word on to Dad and Hannah.
Love,
Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment